ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
This is a certified interactive course that requires participants who are willing to engage in role play etc.
This two day course helps all kinds of care givers learn suicide first aid intervention. The emphasis is on helping a person to stay safe and seek further help
Target Audience: Counsellors, teachers, ministers, those in a health or justice, community workers, emergency service workers, mental health practitioners everyone. It will be valuable for anyone who may come into contact with someone who has thoughts of suicide or who works with groups at increased risk of suicide
There are no pre course requirements.
You will learn:
· To be aware of your own attitude towards suicide
· To recognise when a person might be thinking about suicide
· First aid intervention skills for suicidal behaviour
· To be more willing, able and ready to respond to a suicide first aid situation
· A clear structured model for a suicide first aid intervention.
13 Church Street
Portadown BT62 3LN
T 028 3839 2314
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Southern Trust Area
This course is certified and is internationally recognised