Make a splash for better mental health!
Join Paulo Ross and his ‘sea-elves’ and sign up today for Action Mental Health’s first ever Festive Sea Splash.
Open to people 18 years and over, this chilly challenge is a fantastic way to get a group of friends together, pop on your festive hat and make a splash for mental health.
During the course of the pandemic, many more people have taken to the open waters around Northern Ireland and have commented on how it has been very positive for their wellbeing. So, you’ll not only be raising funds to support our services, you’ll be getting active and connecting with friends in the great outdoors to help support your own mental health.
Pre-registration is essential.
Registration fee is £10 and minimum sponsorship is £50.
Can you help raise a ‘splash-tastic’ amount for this freezing, festive fun challenge and support our vital mental health services for local people?
Full event information will be provided upon completion of the registration process.
- Festive Sea Splash, Crawfordsburn Beach – 11th December 2022.
- Pre- registration via Eventbrite.
- Over 18’s only.
- Registration fee £10. Minimum sponsorship £50.
- Splashers receive a T shirt upon registration. Upon completion Splashers also receive our unique Festive Sea Splash medal, hazard blanket and hot refreshments.
- Splashers are advised to wear, swimming costumes, old trainers to enter the water, and bring bath towels, dressing gowns or (Cold Water Swim-Dry Robes) plastic bags for wet clothing and a full change of very warm clothes including hats. It is unlikely that hair will become wet as splashers will be advised to dip to the chest, however swimming hats under festive hats are optional.
- Please note** there are no changing facilities, weather dependant Gazeboos will be erected.
- Event begins at 10.00am, ends at 4.00pm, splashers will be taken in batches of 20.
- Full safety briefing will be included, with first aid on site as well as support on the day from our colleagues at Safer Waters.
- All safety instructions must be followed. All splashers do so at their own risk.
- NB – Event may be rescheduled if weather impacts on safety.